Take Action Today!
Our Signature Programs
The future of whole-person medical practice. Your lifestyle and genetic make-up are the core sources for solutions to the CAUSES of your dis-ease.
Rejuvenation: the FLOW of Life Energy
LIFE REQUIRES FLOW…The FLOW of oxygen, of blood, of nutrients, of thoughts and of energy. Enhancing the FLOW of life energy is the focus of Rejuvenation Medicine. Achieving the optimum FLOW of bodily fluids and life force energy requires ongoing elimination of toxic build up and blockages. FLOW initiates the proper balance of nutrients, minerals, chemicals and hormones, thereby restoring your power to rejuvenate every cell in your body. Rejuvenation is the cellular process of feeling better and looking younger on an ongoing basis from the inside out.
The perpetual search for the Fountain of Youth has led us to the discovery that perhaps this mythical fountain does not exist somewhere out there. Instead, unbiased modern science is proving what the saints and sages of all time have told us… the fountain indeed exists inside of you, at the core of your being, and the great news is that you can learn to control this FLOW. Rejuvenation Medicine allows you to master your inner experiences so as to minimize the negative impact outside forces have upon your health. This adaptive approach will become the basis for the evolution of our species, as these times of massive change and discovery are proving.
Rejuvenation medicine focuses upon the underlying causes of symptoms; traditional approaches tend to focus upon relief of symptoms yet often fail to resolve the underlying causes. Thus the evolution of medicine is to a more whole-person perspective, creating a therapeutic partnership between the client and practitioner. Rather than using a “ONE DRUG FITS ALL” approach, rejuvenation doctors see you as a unique individual and take into consideration your specific health history, genetic makeup and lifestyle choices. This information becomes the foundation of a cohesive plan to create a lifetime of peak performance powered by FLOW. Your lifestyle and genetic make-up become the core sources for solutions to the CAUSES of your dis-ease.
Why FLOW is Important?
There is an explosion of chronic lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Even mental illnesses like depression and Alzheimer’s along with so-called autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis are affected by lifestyle. The western medical complex has been declaring “WAR” on many of these diseases for decades. They continue to try and convince us that the one “Silver Bullet” pill or drug that will cure all these problems is soon to be discovered. The long-term affect of this leaves you feeling powerless to take meaningful action on your own.
- The traditional system of medicine practiced by most physicians is oriented toward disease management and acute care.
- Physicians diagnose then prescribe treatments such as drugs or surgery that treat the immediate problem or symptom.
- Rejuvenation medicine starts by understanding what your body is saying. This approach uses the innate wisdom of your body to determine the origin and treatment of lifestyle related health conditions. This is the heart of how we practice here at Grace Grove’s Rejuvenation & Performance Institute.
- Most physician have had little or no education and training to assess the underlying causes of lifestyle diseases, and they lack the training to apply knowledge from the areas of diet, nutrition, cleansing and functional exercise to both treat and prevent these illnesses in their clients.
- The acute-care approach to medicine is not designed for preventing and treating underlying causes of the symptoms you may be experiencing. In most cases it does not take into account factors such as environmental exposures to toxins and the impact of the modern Standard American Diet.
- Client-centered approach. The focus of Rejuvenation medicine is on promoting health as a positive FLOW of energy, beyond just the absence of disease. By listening to your body and your story, the practitioner makes you a part of the discovery process. Treatments that align with your unique needs are the only ones with long-term effectiveness.
- Integrating best medical practices. Rejuvenation medicine integrates traditional western medical practices with what is sometimes referred to as “alternative” or “integrative” medicine. The focus is on prevention through lifestyle improvements. The latest diagnostic techniques, botanical medicines, supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification programs, sustainable exercise, stress-optimization techniques and pharmaceuticals are utilized where indicated.
- Programs related to all of these areas are features of the Rejuvenation & Performance Institute here at Grace Grove.
- An integrative, science-based healthcare approach. Rejuvenation medicine practitioners look for clues in client history, physiology, genetic makeup and lifestyle that can lead to illness. Your unique situation is considered from all perspectives; mind, body, and spirit as well as the physical, emotional and social factors that have an affect on your well-being.
- As a society we are enamored and often awe-struck by the marvels of modern science. However, there are huge gaps between the latest scientific research, the intentions of those conducting the research and the way doctors access and utilize that research to make decisions regarding your health. Doctors are misled easily by the pharmaceutical and food industries. Unknowingly, their decisions are based on a bias in available research. Not all study results are published…and doctors what companies want them to see. This biased information, which is partial information, has become…. This misinformation has become the shaky foundation for an unsustainable health system. In 2010 Dr. Ben Goldacre assessed all trials from all fields of medicine in that year. He found that:
- Publication bias is commonplace.
- It occurs throughout ALL fields of medicine.
- About 50% of all drug trials get buried.
- Positive result trials are twice as likely to get published as negative ones.
He describes it as “The Cancer at the Core of Evidence Based Medicine.”. A New England Journal of Medicine peer reviewed article from 2008 titled “Selective Publication of Antidepressant Trials and its Effect on Apparent Efficacy.” Author Erick H Turner et. al. NEJM 358 no. 3 2008, pgs. 252-260. It found that all FDA trials for 12 different antidepressants approved over a 15 year period totaled 74, and of these 38 showed positive results (the medication studied showed a statistically beneficial improvement in symptoms) and 36 showed negative results (the medication did not show any significant benefit). Of these 74 trials, 37 of the 38 positive studies were published and ONLY 3 of the 36 negative studies were published, i.e. 97% of the positive studies were published and only 8% of the negative. So if you are a physician and you want to see if you should recommend a medication for a client … (in this example antidepressants)… you go to the available literature published on the drug trials you would find that 37 of the 40 published trials showed a benefit. This whould suggest overwhelming evidence of benefit for the antidepressants. Which is in fact a huge publication bias and potentially dangerous because of exposure of patients to hazardous side effects with possibly little to none of the expected benefits.
The best of medical science and clinical research is what needs to be applied to your individual self. And you must become more actively involved in your own health care and treatment by becoming more knowledgeable about your body and your genetic make-up. Rejuvenation medicine, can scientifically improve the FLOW of your health at a cellular level, needs to become your optimum long-term health care program.